JoAnne Danton, a member of Seaside’s Sou’Wester Garden Club, displays her two award-winning photos. Danton, of Seaside, won first place in the Garden Category and honorable mention in the Pets Category during the Oregon State Federation of Garden Clubs’ state convention in Coos Bay in June. “Photography is something I had done in the past and continue to do for pleasure, primarily,” Danton said. The garden club, a nonprofit organization that fundraises to give scholarships to local high school seniors and hosts the annual Green Thumb Plant Sale, is seeking new members. The club generally meets the fourth Wednesday of each month and is open to the public. The next meeting is Wednesday, Oct. 28, at 10 a.m. at the Bob Chisholm Community Center. The featured program is “Getting to Know Your Plant.” Then, Nov. 18 at Dennis’ 7 Dees Landscaping and Garden Center on U.S. Highway 101, attendees can learn how to make wreaths. For more information, contact Jeanette Nicolazzi at 503-440-9283.
- RVs near park cause headaches in Seaside
- Hood to Coast splits critics, fans in Seaside
- Rookie of the Year
- Seaside project draws neighbor concerns
- Gearhart kids take first and third place in Agate Beach surf event
- Back to School: In-person instruction brings new protocols
- First day excitement shared at Pacific Ridge, new campus
- Obituary: Paul Denning Stull Jr.
- Students lead tribal welcome pole project
- Circuit Court judge hears Gearhart firehouse ballot arguments
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.