July 1 marks the start of the halfway point of the year on some calendars. But on others, that date marks the start of a new year.
Almost 20 years ago I entered my first year of college at Western Oregon University. I arrived on campus before most other students to play football. The team was staying in temporary dorms an…
One of the unfortunate consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, is that many of us have more of a need to find ways to remove our minds from this situation. Thus, we turn to avenues that may be …
There’s a moment when everything changed.
- Maggie's on the Prom closes for winter season amid coronavirus impacts
- Firefighters describe a 'humbling experience' on their return
- Spruce Drive parking concerns
- Night flying exercises this week
- Letter: Gearhart council candidate seeks probation period for city administrator
- Seaside police, fire, Oregon State Police reports
- School days here, facing the unknown
- Vietnam War Veterans Memorial to add 10 names
- Batting facility benefits from large donation
- Letter: County Commissioner Lianne Thompson endorses Kathy Kleczek in Seaside
My entire life has featured a strong connection to sports. As a youngster, my time was typically spent shuttling to or at football, soccer, basketball, baseball or track practice or to one of …
I have to say, the past few weeks have been eerie around the Sunset Pool of late. The eeriness comes from walking through the Sunset Pool many times during a day and not seeing our wonderful p…
One of the joys of working in a publicly funded government agency is the opportunity to received feedback and strive for improvement to better serve our community.
The last firework exploded sometime around 10:30 p.m. Following a hearty and much deserved round of applause, the great exodus began. Thousands of guests and residents alike trooped away to th…
Heavy morning mist. Unpredictable and shifting wind. The arrival of seemingly thousands of RVs and out-of-state license plates. Oh yes, spring is definitely in the air here on the North Coast.
Several weeks ago a colleague forwarded me an interesting article and I haven’t been able to stop thinking of it since. The headline of the article read, “WEED BUILT THIS: Posh $30M rec center…
By Skyler Archibald
Recently a social media feed displayed a quote celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. My feeds were full of such quotes as the annual day that we celebrate Dr. King had recently co…
With everything in life, it seems that persistence is key. When I arrived and began my employment with the Sunset Empire Park and Recreation District in the summer of 2015 one of the projects …