There’s a moment when everything changed.
My entire life has featured a strong connection to sports. As a youngster, my time was typically spent shuttling to or at football, soccer, basketball, baseball or track practice or to one of …
I have to say, the past few weeks have been eerie around the Sunset Pool of late. The eeriness comes from walking through the Sunset Pool many times during a day and not seeing our wonderful p…
One of the joys of working in a publicly funded government agency is the opportunity to received feedback and strive for improvement to better serve our community.
The last firework exploded sometime around 10:30 p.m. Following a hearty and much deserved round of applause, the great exodus began. Thousands of guests and residents alike trooped away to th…
- Trip to hospital begins in a tent
- Seaside to consider economic relief measures at Monday meeting
- South County Food Bank ramps up for need
- Campus construction continues, with social distancing in place
- Beach shoreline remains open, but Seaside restricts access
- County extends lodging restrictions over virus
- Seaside Police, Fire and Oregon State Police reports from March 19
- County seeks applications for Planning Commission
- Post office adjusts to life during pandemic
- Students receive Hitchman Award
Heavy morning mist. Unpredictable and shifting wind. The arrival of seemingly thousands of RVs and out-of-state license plates. Oh yes, spring is definitely in the air here on the North Coast.
Several weeks ago a colleague forwarded me an interesting article and I haven’t been able to stop thinking of it since. The headline of the article read, “WEED BUILT THIS: Posh $30M rec center…
By Skyler Archibald
Recently a social media feed displayed a quote celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. My feeds were full of such quotes as the annual day that we celebrate Dr. King had recently co…
With everything in life, it seems that persistence is key. When I arrived and began my employment with the Sunset Empire Park and Recreation District in the summer of 2015 one of the projects …