Seaside Fire responded to a call at Bagels by the Sea at 210 South Holladay Drive early Thursday evening, May 16.
According to Div. Chief Chris Dugan, Seaside dispatch received a call of a possible structure fire shortly after 5 p.m.
Firefighters found a small fire with smoke coming out of the eaves, he said, determined to be caused by bark dust on the ground by the drive-thru that smouldered and ignited part of the building’s siding on fire.
Units from Cannon Beach Fire and Gearhart Fire joined Seaside firefighters.
About $2,000 damage was done to the exterior of the building. Owners are determining the extent of damage inside.
There were no injuries, Dugan said. The incident was cleared before 6 p.m.