The Seaside Fire Department responded to a blaze at a rental unit located at 421 Fourth Avenue early Wednesday evening.
According to Division Chief Chris Dugan, firefighters received a report of the fire shortly after 6:30 p.m. The tenant was not home at the time.
A dog in the unit was unharmed and is being cared for by police until the tenant returns.
An exhaust fan in the bathroom appears to have started the fire, which was confined to one unit. Power was cut to the complex during the response.
Firefighters from Gearhart and Cannon Beach, along with Medix, responded to the scene.