Seaside High School held its annual Airband contest Oct. 3 during the 2014 Spirit Week leading up to the Homecoming game. Airband is a tradition at the high school. It is a lip-synching and dancing competition between each class that is organized by the Associated Student Body. ASB members and other students from each class put together a roughly 10-minute performance featuring about a dozen skits, choreographed commercials and dances to new and old songs. Each class is judged on the lip-synching, class participation, music/commercial choices, overall theme, props used, media used, how involved the audience is and overall presentation. The Airband results this year were juniors in first place, sophomores in second, seniors in third and freshmen in fourth. The senior class won Homecoming Spirit Week overall when points from other activities – such as the girls’ Powderpuff football game, the boys’ Meatball volleyball game and dress up days – and were combined. The Homecoming game was held Oct. 3 and the Homecoming dance held Oct. 4.
- Seaside man killed in fire named in Kelso murder
- Prom plaque renewal fee irks families
- Without a city display, officials brace for illegal fireworks
- Statewide ride honoring veterans begins in Seaside
- Masks are hot ticket at fire station giveaway
- Westport Winery closing Seaside tasting room
- The bakery is back in Gearhart, but call it 'Mac's'
- Seaside Police issue counterfeit bill alert
- Ongoing Seaside, Oregon State Police and Seaside Fire reports
- Saltline Hotel construction moves into home stretch in season of challenges