Fire season is underway as of July 1, with the closure of all open debris burning, the Oregon Department of Forestry and Clatsop County Fire Defense Board advises.
Exceptions include burn barrels with permits and recreational fires that meet the following guidelines:
• at designated campsite, personal residence or beaches;
• No closer than 50 feet from dune grass and 15 feet from any structure;
• No fires in drft wood;
• Clear of all combustibles;
• Maximum fire size, 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height;
• Maximum fire pit size, 4 feet in diameter and 12 inches high.
All fires must be attended at all times and extinguished prior to leaving. Fires may not be allowed during periods of extreme fire conditions, such as high winds or low humidity.
For more information, contact Seaside Fire and Rescue at 503-738-5420 or the Oregon Department of Forestry, 503-325-7215.